Systems & Applications
THE END-AND THE BEGINNING
Hisingen- an island with a thrilling story.
In the 1960s Göteborg was thriving due to a strong shipping industry, generated jobs in the area and making the economy booming. Göteborg was one of the strongest competitors in Europe, and we almost got blinded by our own success. But suddenly the global development caught up and passed us. There were severe cut-backs and a whole business was on the verge of disaster. The depression was a fact.
Now, more than three decades later, the situation is totally different. The empty, almost ghost-like dockyards have new tenants, cutting-edge hi-tech companies are established, and we are seeing a new prosperous era arising. We learned our lesson, we know that if we don’t develop and are prone to change, we too will be history. Creating and realising new ideas are not only survival skills, it’s in our backbone.
WHAT IS HISLAND?
Hisland is a compound of Hisingen and island (pronounced Highland). It reflects a strong industrial heritage, the pro-activity of the area and the multi-cultural environment that Hisingen is. History is now and so is Hisland.
Hisland Solutions offers services that strengthen businesses with the latest technology, new innovations and creative solutions. We are a strong international team of experts that enable the technique behind smart products and services within software and electronics. In 2018 Hisland Solutions won Årets Gasell a prestigious prize that is awarded the faster growing company in the region. We couldn’t be prouder of everyone who made this happen. We continue to grow our family, always with our roots firmly planted in Hisingen. With Hisland we create is a platform where dreams and ideas can flourish and grow. All in the name of contributing to a better world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We learned from history that if we don’t evolve, we won’t survive. In life as well as business, the only constant thing is change and we need to be on our toes. New challenges arise as the techniques evolve and this time we will lead. We are looking for you, proactive, bold and innovative Hislander. You want to build our core team of consultants in Systems and Applications developing software services for mobile apps, webs or interfaces that help users connect with embedded technology.
As Discipline Manager you will recruit, develop and manage highly specialized talent, actively participate in product development, quality and reliability to ensure that our customer products have the highest safety, reliability and integrity.
We are a growing company where quality always comes before quantity because we believe that what you sow you will reap. Our organisation needs to be flexible and sometimes we need to sit on more than one chair. As a Discipline Manager you take responsibility in your team’s development as well as your client’s. You will have a variety of tasks and assignments, no day will be the same, but still you will keep your holistic view. We are asking for someone who can single task in a multi-tasking environment. Is it you?
- - The development of your team is one of your core tasks and it includes personal development, coaching, feedback and leadership. Soft skills are therefore hardcore at Hisland.
- - As a Discipline Manager you are responsible for your team on an individual and group level.
- - The main focuses are been able to understand how IT and embedded projects work from a holistic point of view, how do things connect to each other and what are the different technologies behind those systems. - Among other things this discipline is the one that connects the users with the technology, either with mobile apps, DevOps platforms or by finding creative abstraction layers for the different stakeholders.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You enjoy solving real world problems and create new real-world opportunities using the Tools of Your Trade.
- You want to build something truly great together with others and develop the skills of your team.
- You want to work in an entrepreneurial environment and value being an important team member in a growing company with a diverse, international crew.
- You are a good communicator and know how to create and develop good relationships with your team, customer and partners.
- -M.Sc. In Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Automation control or similar competence through professional experience.
- -Knowledge in Android / IOs development.
- -Knowledge in Software Architectures and System design.
- -At least 3 years of experience in system integration, DevOps, continuous integration or similar.
- -You are fluent in English, spoken as well as written
You work on site with your client as well as in our office. You report to our highly appreciated Area Manager, Alejandro (Alex) Morate. Alex supports his colleagues with knowledge, wit and drive. He sets his standards high and helps teams and clients reaching their goals. He is a bold and courageous leader that make things happen. If this sounds like someone you would like to work with, move on to the last step below.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
We process applications continuously. Email your application to work(a)hisland.se
Mark the e mail “Discipline Manager Systems& Applications” in the subject field.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Emma BLOM (Office manager/HR) emma.blom(a)hisland.se + 46 72 216 93 03 or
Alejandro MORATE (Area manager) alejandro.morate(a) hisland.se + 46 72 371 73 77